Yoga for Pregnancy & Postnatal
Benefits of Yoga
Yoga teaches us about who we are and how we constitute the ultimate proof of life lived in freedom.
It is through asana (posture) and Pranayama (breath work) – that we learn to listen to ourselves and we start the process of undoing.
To me yoga is a unique therapy where we have the opportunity to listen and communicate with the self and most of all we learn to be honest (Satya) and non harming (Ahimsa)
"The ancient self help system of yoga promotes mental and physical well- being and balance, which is vital during times of transition or uncertainty. Your experience of being pregnant and giving birth will involve great physical and emotional changes and knowing how to use and adapt yoga techniques to breathe, move and relax during this time will help you to lay deep foundations for decades of mothering." Francoise Freedman – Birthlight
As yoga increases your range of movement, the postures become fluid and enjoyable. You achieve a new grace, elegance and dignity.
Your breath eases as you breathe for two, learning how to lengthen the exhalation. Mother’s breath is baby’s oxygen.
You tone and release your pelvic floor muscles to create the birthing passage.
Pregnancy yoga is for mothers and babies together.
The change from being pregnant to having a baby to care for is enormous, the need of rest and adjustment is vital for you both, as you become attuned to your new life together. After giving birth, the spine needs to realign and the pelvic muscles need to be strengthened.
Simple yoga routines can help you gradually and safely recover your posture, your muscle tone and your strength within.
Benefits of Asana (posture)
- The internal dance in the form of asana (posture) helps to keep the body strong,flexible and relaxed.Working with the postures helps to strengthen the nervous system, massages the internal organs , aids metabolic function, lymphatic and circulatory activity helping to improve conditions including constipation, water retention and digestive disorders.
- Improves respiration, energy, and vitality. Promotes cardio and circulatory health.
Benefits Of Pranayama (breath)
- Better functioning of autonomic system improves the working of lungs, heart, diaphragm, abdomen, intestines, kidneys and pancreas.
- Digestive system improves, and diseases pertaining to digestive organs are/can be cured.
- General irritability due to lethargy/fatigue vanishes.
- With the practice of pranayama the internal organs receive more oxygen thereby helping to facilitate the removal of toxins from the body.
Benefits of our well-being
- We become more focused and relaxed and therefore we are able to cope better with stressful situations .The mind becomes still and our intentions become clearer, encouraging positive thoughts and working towards self- acceptance.
- The awareness of the "un-doing" between the mind,body and soul. Helps you live the concept of "oneness"
A note from Maxine:
I qualified with the British Wheel in 2003 and my journey is still continuing. I attend a weekly class with my teacher and take part in ongoing development courses which enrich myself and my love of teaching.
Many people ask me what yoga is and what method I follow when teaching.
Yoga to me is a beautiful gift that I enjoy sharing and learning with my students. I teach with my soul through two important practices, non-harming (ahimsa) and the truth (satya).
The tree of yoga is at the heart of my approach as it holds many meanings. It is the mother that carries us, as well as the adult we become; the roots ground us, the trunk keeps us centred and the branches forever reach for knowledge received through life's experiences.
Course fees for this course are £66 for a 6 week course. Although places may be reserved for this course, places are not confirmed until payment is received in full and this is due no later than 2 weeks prior to commencement of this course.
We have a 1 week cancellation policy for all courses so cancellations with less than 1 weeks notice will result in you loosing your course fee unless we are able to fill this space.
Unfortunately we are not able to take card payments for this course.
There will be no reductions or refunds for missed weeks, whether planned in advance or unexpected.